As a digital business owner, you have A LOT on your plate AND I understand that your business is more than just your website.
Geek in Your Pocket helps you get over your technical hurdles so you can focus on what you need to do to help your clients, customers and audience.
Read on to learn about me and how I can help you succeed!
Why I do what I do…
You have an idea and you KNOW deep inside that building a business online is the fastest route to success, yet you’re still struggling and you’re frustrated with where you are right now AND you wish it would go faster.
You’re likely juggling your family obligations and your business. Maybe your business right now is a side hustle and you’re fitting in EVERYTHING between work and family.
You have enough to think about right now and your website maintenance and security shouldn’t be one of those things. In fact, when you hire Geek in Your Pocket, you can rest easy knowing that your website maintenance and security is handled.
It’s your path to freedom, independence and building a life on your own terms. Your business is your dream that you’re building instead of building someone else’s dream and I WANT that for you.
My Protection Plan is just what you need to break free from the tech overload
You have better things to do than spending 5 to 10 hours* a month on maintaining your website….
Getting your own Geek in Your Pocket will free you up to do what will help you make the most impact on building your own dream. You don’t need to have your head inside your website, you need your own Geek in Your Pocket!
Does any of this sound like you?
- You’re ready to stop worrying about your website and focus on your business
- You want to have someone you can call on when you need it to help manage your self-hosted WordPress site
- You know keeping your website healthy and well maintained is important
What got me to where I am today
I could give you my whole, “crap I knew I needed to do something different” story, where I only had “5 dollars to my name”, but the truth of it all is I don’t have that kind of story.
My life many years ago, WAS exhausting and I knew that I wanted something different. What that “was” I didn’t have a clue and I don’t think I even really have that clue yet, but that’s okay. It’s all about the journey and doing what fuels my soul and heart.
In 2008, I was travelling 90 minutes each way to work to a job I wasn’t all that excited about and I was running on automatic. I was tired. Tired of the mundane. Tired of the same thing each AND every day.
Get up, commute to work, see the same zombie-like folks on the bus with me, going through the motions.
In September of 2008, I launched the first version of my business. Redhead Business Management.
I had heard the term Virtual Assistant and had done my research. I loved technology, enjoyed doing PowerPoint Presentations, creating awesome-looking documents so I figured I could help business owners do the same.
Oh boy, THAT did not last long.
I quickly found out that most small and tiny business owners struggled with more than just documents and my tiny virtual assistant business quickly morphed into a technical marketing boutique helping creative leaders create amazing online presences.
At that same time, I discovered WordPress as a platform to help me build my website and I quickly discovered WordPress could me SO MUCH MORE. Fully scalable and customizable to create whatever your heart and big dreams desired.
A few years into my Redhead Business I went from providing a more robust level of services including email and social marketing AS WELL AS website design. I discovered where I really go excited was figuring out what wasn’t working on the website and being the solution to fixing what wasn’t working.
My business went from providing general administrative services, to a WordPress Design Boutique to WordPress Development services and then in 2017 I launched Geek in Your Pocket.
Geek in Your Pocket is THE WordPress maintenance & security service for busy entrepreneurs who are serious about their website and their business!
I’m here to make the technical parts of your business function better. I believe that we can build a sustainable and profitable business on our own terms that fit our lifestyle and most of all support our why. We just need to add a few key members to our support circle to make it all happen!
Why do you want to partner with me…
I’m a lot like you, running a lean tiny business that supports my lifestyle first and foremost. I didn’t build my business to live to work, but I build my business so I can work to live.
My business supports my goals and my values.
- I live every day focused on being kind because we need more kindness in our world, especially now.
- I value living simply and making choices that make my home life fantastic
- I value curiosity. I love to explore, learn and understand everything around me.
- I choose to be generous, in my time with those important to me and to my clients because many become like family to me and I want to see you succeed as much as I succeed.
- And last I look for fun every day, we have enough serious stuff happening in our lives that sprinkling those challenges with a bit of fun everyday can make it all just a bit more manageable.
When you partner with me, not only do get someone who will update your website and keep it secure, but you have access to me as your technical partner. When you plan on doing something technical with your business, whether it be as small as installing a new plugin or launching a new course let’s talk through the process so you can hopefully hit fewer technical hiccups during the process.
To control my destiny and live my life my way. You see I’ve always been one to beat my own drum, not listen to the conventional way of doing things.
Even when I was working in the corporate world, I was always the one to ask, why are we doing it that way. Maybe there’s a different way that could work better.
Every day I wake up with the idea that I’m creating my own path, living my life by my choice and not by someone else’s terms.
I do believe that we are each human, deserve each other’s respect for our differences and that I’m in no place to judge you, just because you have a different viewpoint.
I’m the Chief Geek here and I bring 25+ years of working in marketing & technology and since 2008 I have been running my own awesome business online.
20 Random Things About Me
- I’ve been playing (yes, I consider it playing!) in WordPress since 2008
- A book that absolutely changed my life is the Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
- I love to get creative every day.
- I’ve worked with hundreds of amazing women to help them build big & small launches, websites, email campaigns and more. From those just getting started to those making 7 figures+
- I’ve coached many more awesome women to feel empowered, in control to help them build their own awesome businesses.
- I’m a former BC Lion Cheerleader & a Finalist in Miss Vancouver (don’t ask when…ahem!)
- I performed at Expo ’86 on the big stage with a semi-professional dance company called Dancestreams
- I was once an extra on 21 Jumpstreet (the TV show)
- I found the love of my life
- I spend Sundays from September to early February in my jammies watching football with the hubby
- One of my favourite places is New Orleans, LA
- My happy, calming place is Tofino, located on the West Coast of Vancouver Island
- I’m an atypical Capricorn and bring a mixture of right & left brain thinking to everything I do. I’m also an INFP & just discovered the Enneagram (I’m a 9)
- I consider myself a logical, spiritual, creative introverted soul who is driven to empower business owners to take charge in their businesses!
- I have a crazy, wacky off-beat sense of humor and sarcasm has made an appearance or two
- My favourite drink is an Arnold Palmer
- Two of my favourite movies are Zoolander & Tropic Thunder
- I’ve come close to death twice in my life
- I meditate pretty well daily
- I read every day – Discover some of my recent books on my NOW page.
- I take classes because I’m passionate about learning
Let’s have some fun together!
Ready to work with me?
Your best option is to sign up for my Geek in Your Pocket service. It’s how I serve my clients best and it’s your first step in working with me directly.